Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist

i have had pressure in my eyes and have recurring seconds where

i have had pressure in my eyes and have recurring seconds where it feels like I lose my peripheral vision for a second or two. Now the pressure feels like it's on the inside corners of my eyes also. I'm so scared that I'm losing my vision. I went to the doctors about two weeks ago when I felt the pressure begin but I wasn't having the vision loss at that time. I have an appointment with a specialist on Monday but it just seems so far away right now.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 7 years ago.
You could be having glaucoma that does cause loss of peripheral vision in the early stages. It can only be cofirmed after you visit an ophthalmologist. Your fundus examination, intra-ocular pressure and field charting will help confirm it or rule it out. Broadly speaking glaucoma is of 2 types - open angle and narrow angle. Open angle is usually a slowly progressive condition but in narrow angle vision loss can be fast.

Please, click the ACCEPT button so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a positive feedback will be appreciated. Follow-up questions, if any, are most welcome.