Dr. Chan
Dr. Chan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Board Certified in ophthalmology

I feel like there is good deal of pressure behind right eyeball.

I feel like there is good deal of pressure behind right eyeball. Also pressure in right ear. It is constant.
Also feel like I have developed lazy eye due to the pressure. Vision is poor in right eye too. I've been prescribed a contact for right eye. The contact seems to get smudged regularly and I find Im looking out of left eye only.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Chan replied 7 years ago.

Do you have any other medical conditions? Is the eye red?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No other medical conditions. Eye gets red sometimes in late afternoon. It feels like pressure in sinuses is pushing eye out little.
Expert:  Dr. Chan replied 7 years ago.

It sounds like maybe you have a sinus infection. There are four sinuses all around your eye socket. Whenever one gets inflammed or infected, it can cause pressure on your eye. When severe, patients tell me that they feel like someone is behind the eyeball pounding on it like a drum. The sinus also drain into the same place that the ear tube drains into; so it is not uncommon to get your ear stopped up as well.

Simple treatments would include a decongestant and/or medication like claritin. If it persists or is severe, you may need a CT of the sinuses.

Hope this helps and thank you.