Dr. PG
Dr. PG, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MBBS, MD (Ophthalomology)
9208484

I woke up yesterday and under my left eye was swollen and soar.

I woke up yesterday and under my left eye was swollen and soar. the swelling did seem to reduce trhroughout the day but was still soar and tender when i bent over or blinked the pain is near the tear duct end of the eye.I took ibuprofen at around 5pm on retiring to bed at 01.30 I took a piraton as I thourgh it may be a insect bite or reaction. This morning the swelling is larger and very soar my vision is fine.Some 11 years ago I had an operation on this eye to repair a damaged orbital floor.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. PG replied 7 years ago.
What you are describing is an infection. It can be a simple stye (pus point at teh base of an eye lash) or a deeper infection (considering you had a previous surgery). Ideally you need to be evaluated by an Ophthalmologist as soon as possible. In the meantime continue taking anti-inflammatries like ibuprofen and apply warm compresses to the eye. A stye might heal with this treatment. But you might need antibiotics if there is no response in the next 24 hours.
Regards