How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chan Your Own Question
Dr. Chan
Dr. Chan, Ophthalmologist
Category: Eye
Satisfied Customers: 356
Experience:  Board Certified in ophthalmology
Type Your Eye Question Here...
Dr. Chan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my eye lid cover my eye lashed and they are give me a head

This answer was rated:

my eye lid cover my eye lashed and they are give me a head ace would ins cover surgey to have my lids fix and if not how much does it cost
                                 &nbs p;                                     thank you



If your lashes turn inwards and rub on your eye, then the condition is called entropion. Your insurance would pay for surgery because of this.


If your lashes don't turn inwards and you just have excess skin weighing down your lids, then the condition is called dermatochalasis. Whether you insurance pays for this depends on how much effect it has on your vision (upper visual fields). You have to have a visual field test done (with eyelids taped up and untaped). You have to have photos of your eyelids and the extent of the drooping. Your doctor will also have to have some statement of medical necessity. Then, depending on all of that, the insurance will evaluate whether or not the drooping is bad enough for you to need surgery.


If you have to pay out of pocket, I would count on $8000-10,000 in hospital and $5000-8000 in ASC.


Hope this helps and thank you.

Dr. Chan and other Eye Specialists are ready to help you