Dr. PG
Dr. PG, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MBBS, MD (Ophthalomology)

i have a red spot with a bump (almost pimple-like) on the back

i have a red spot with a bump (almost pimple-like) on the back side of my lower, right eyelid. When i feel the front side of my eyelid i feel the bump. You can really see it when looking at me, but up close it looks a little swollen.

Should i be worried. FYI----I have a history of chalazions
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. PG replied 7 years ago.
   What you are describing is most probably a chlazion. If it is tender, then it might have got infected and would need to be drained or a course of oral antibiotics. If it is not tender and is of recent origin, then you can apply warm compresses and take oral anti-inflammatories. After it is cured you need to be evaluated by an Ophthalmologist to look for the cause of recurrent chlazions like blephritis, spectacle correction etc.