Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS OPHTHALMOLOGY (KING GEORGES' MEDICAL UNIVERSITY, LUCKNOW, INDIA), FELLOWSHIP TRAINED
14102772

I have floaters in eye that look like protozoa

Since when are you having them?
How old are you?
Do you have any eye diseases?
Are you a myope?
Could you please describe them in greater detail?
Could you tell me your vision?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
been having them for about two years
age-49
no eye disease known
what is myope?
in natural light it looks like protozoa with tails floating around with eye movement,in a darker environment it looks like clouds
I wear glasses about 20/30 vision not to bad
Myope is a person who uses negative spherical lenses. Floaters in your case may have been acquired due to degenerative conditions of the vitreous. Various causes of floaters include -
Vitreous synersis - which means shrinkage of the vitreous. It is an a ging change
Posterior Vitreous Detachment - the liquified vitreous detaches from the sensory retina
Retinal Tear
Posterior Uveitis
Cystoid Macular Edema
Asteroid Hyalosis etc

You are most likely to have vitreous synersis and posterior vitreous detachment and since you are having it for the past 2 years, it does seem to be of concern. But, still in my opinion you should get a fundus examination by an ophthalmologist done to rule out other causes.

Please, click the ACCEPT button so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a positive feedback will be appreciated.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
could it be Toxoplasmosis? i also have a swolloen lymph node in back of neck
Yes, there is posterior uveitis in Toxoplasmosis, which can cause floaters. You should get a fundus examination done and if the findings would be suggestive of toxoplasmosis, you will have to go for blood tests to confirm it.