Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist

I have graves disease and have been in remission for 20 years.

I have graves disease and have been in remission for 20 years. I have never had an abnormal thyroid test. My problems started with pregnancy. I have been prescribed phentermine, but am concerned about activating my graves disease. What is your opinion?
You are right. Patients who have an overactive thyroid should not use phentermine as it could lead to overstimulation of thyroid. Not only this, phentermine should also not be taken by any woman who is pregnant, planning to become pregnant or is breast feeding as it can harm the baby. You should discuss this with your physician.

Please, click the ACCEPT button so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a positive feedback will be appreciated. Follow-up questions, if any, are welcome.