Dr. James
Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye Physician and Surgeon
20222826

i think i was bitten by a spider on my eye lid and at first

i think i was bitten by a spider on my eye lid and at first the swelling was localized now its puffy and has headed down around the eye and under it. Its swollen and itches looks like someone punched me in the eye.
HiCustomer

Spider bites can cause a localized reaction and secondary infection, as you already know. Some can be mild and limited, but others and spread. It seems you may need to have someone take a look at it and possibly prescribe some antibiotics. If it is only the eyelid, it is unlikely to extend to the deeper tissues of the eyes, but a health care provider can assess that for you.

Depending on availability, you can choose your primary care doctor, ophthalmologist, or if needed, and a walk-in/urgent care clinic. If necessary, you may consider an ER visit, but I would try the other providers first.

Best of luck. I'd be happy to answer any other questions for you.

Dr. Khu