Dr. James
Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye Physician and Surgeon

I have been having a nervous problem with me eyes (particularly

I have been having a "nervous" problem with me eyes (particularly the left one) where I tend to uncontrollably roll the eye back and squint a lot during the day. I am probably facing more stess in these last few months, since this started, and wondered if this is just nervousness or stress at play.

I wear glasses, and have had corneal abrasions in my 30's.

Are these episodes of eyes rolling back different now than before? Sometimes, eyes that are more sensitive will do that as a protective mechanism, possibly as a reponse to irritation or bright lights.

I'm not sure if general stress will cause that to happen, though it can make you more aware of your eyes being irritated.

I would try artificial tears 4-6x/day and sunglasses to see if it improves. If not, you may need a thorough exam by an ophthalmologist. A referal to a neuro-ophthalmologist may be warranted if there are still no answers and you have still symptomatic.

Dr. Khu