How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. JLB Your Own Question
Dr. JLB, Ophthalmologist
Category: Eye
Satisfied Customers: 86
Experience:  General Ophthalmologist, Fellowship trained in Refractive Surgery
Type Your Eye Question Here...
Dr. JLB is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have vision problems that have increased in last two years.

This answer was rated:

I have vision problems that have increased in last two years. Saw eye doc who said it was "Iritis" and gave me steroid drops. worked for a while, but still have sometimes blurred, sensative to light, floaters, and sometimes have stobe-like flashes.
Retina intact, have had 7 visits in last 7 mo still no change... I want my 20/15 eyes back!



I'm sorry to hear about your difficulty battling iritis (uveitis). This is a condition that can, at times, be difficult to completely resolve. The reason is that it can be linked to autoimmune systemic conditions such as lupus and rheumatoid arthritis among others.


If you find that the condition is not clearing, I would recommend that you discuss with your eye doctor the possibility of being sent for an evaluation by a rheumatologist. These doctors are specialist in autoimmune conditions that can cause iritis. Blood work will be performed along with a complete work-up. If a systemic condition is found then treating it should improve your symptoms.


Frankly, there are many cases (about 60% of the time) in which a systemic condition cannot be found. Still, even when a cause cannot be determined uveitis can be treated to complete resolution, This does require agressive treatment with close follow up.


If you feel that a second opinion is indicated, I would encourage you to find an ophthalmologist that specializes in uveitis and anterior segment. With proper treatment, you should be able to regain the vision you had before.


I hope this helps and that you feel better soon...





Dr. JLB and other Eye Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I appreciate your insight and candor, the opthamologist I have been to suggested the same so you are in fact my second opinion! However... I am slightly afraid to find out there's something really wrong with me ect... but I plan to go to the doctor none the less.

My vision had been the favorite of my senses!

Many thanks again,



Your Welcome!!

Related Eye Questions