Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Board Certified Ophthalmologist
8112280

I had eye surgery two weeks ago for a macular pucker. Last

Customer Question

I had eye surgery two weeks ago for a macular pucker. Last week when I went for a
check up visit, my eye pressure was 42. My doctor put me on drops to bring it down.
How soom will it be for it to come down?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stevens replied 7 years ago.

hello there

was this the pressure the day after surgery (or how many days)? what eye drops were given ? when is the next follow up this week ? did you have glaucoma before the surgery?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I don't know my pressure the day of the surgery. it was 12 days after surgery that the pressure was 38-42. My follow up is tomorrow 7/7/. No I did not have glaucoma before my surgery. Two weeks before my macular surgery, I had a cataract removed.

Drops are Lumigan0.03% 1x a day at bedtime. Combigan 2x's a day

Hello there

the pressure should be slowly coming down in the next week or two at the most, If the pressure continues to run in the 40 range, I would consider upping the medications or even oral medicine to control it better, Regards XXXXX