Dr.S Riaz
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS OPHTHALMOLOGY (KING GEORGES' MEDICAL UNIVERSITY, LUCKNOW, INDIA), FELLOWSHIP TRAINED
14102772

I had cataract surgery on left eye. doctor said 5% of iris

I had cataract surgery on left eye. doctor said 5% of iris was damaged during operation becaused I coughed during operation. I notice operated eye takes too much light in and is slower to adjust to light changes. There is also a shred of muscle that hangs and makes my vision flutter close up to upper left. doctor said that after 3 months if it does not heal he can burn it out with laser. Questions:
1. should I have the hanging iris muscle burned out after 3 months if it does not heal, what is risk for further damage.
2. How much damage was done to iris
3. Suggestion for correcting iris problem - more surgery?
Thank you
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 5 years ago.
<p>He is going to burn it by YAG laser. If he does that before three months, there is a risk of cystoid macular edema. There must be an iris strand in your pupillary area which he wants to burn. Even though I have not seen you but I do not anticipate much damage to iris. For correcting iris problem, this YAG laser would be the best in my opinion. Your vision should improve after that and your problem is also very likely to get solved.</p><p> </p><p>Please, click the ACCEPT button so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a positive feedback will be appreciated</p><p> </p><p> </p>
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The hanging iris muscle is one problem. The other is the operated eye lets in too much light and is slower in adjusting to light changes. I believe this is from the 5% damage caused to the iris that the doctor said happened ehen I coughed. It has been 6 weeks since the operation. My question is will this improve in time? Is there a proceedure to correct this? or will I just have to live with it? thanks
Expert:  Dr.S Riaz replied 5 years ago.
<p>You will have to live with it but with the passage of time you may get used to it. You may start feeling better once the iris strand is removed from the pupillary area.</p><p> </p><p>Please, click the ACCEPT button so that I can get my dues. BONUS and a positive feedback will be appreciated</p>
Dr.S Riaz, Ophthalmologist
Experience: MS OPHTHALMOLOGY (KING GEORGES' MEDICAL UNIVERSITY, LUCKNOW, INDIA), FELLOWSHIP TRAINED