Brad Schuster
Brad Schuster, Board Certified Opthamologist
Experience:  Glaucoma Specialist
18770521

white light apears yellow mostly car lights at night they look

white light apears yellow mostly car lights at night they look like yellow light on a stop light.
as wondering what could cause this .Ive got diatbete an high blood pressure and hep. B
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. PG replied 7 years ago.
   Can you give some more information regarding your question-
- what is your age and gender?
- do you wear glasses, if yes, what is the prescription?
- when did you have your last eye evaluation?
Regards
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I'm 62 male last December in 2008 I had the same thing then but Dr. didn't say about this night vision thing I'm having.Yes I do wear glasses but jut for reading He did say I have some odd motteling on my retina and gave me an eye chart with lines and squars meeting at the center .told to use this to check for perifial distortion.

thanks for you responceCustomer/p>

Expert:  Brad Schuster replied 7 years ago.

HiCustomer

A yellowing of the vision is common when the lens of the eye starts to take on a yellow color (nuclear sclerosis) or cataract.

You've mentioned some other potential problems such as dry macular degeneration (that's what the Amsler grid was for: to see those lines became distorted or missing), that could be related to decreasing vision but not necessarily yellowing.

Diabetic retinopathy can also diminish vision but no mention of this was made to you by your ophthalmologist according to your info above.

Cataract surgery is possible at any time but generally is only recommended when the vision drops into a range that is causing a change in your lifestyle, not just when you notice yellowing or increasing glare problems.

Hope this helped.

Experience: Glaucoma Specialist