Dr. JLB, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  General Ophthalmologist, Fellowship trained in Refractive Surgery

This morning i had a sudden onset of blurred vision and it

This morning i had a sudden onset of blurred vision and it felt like my eyes were darting from side to side. i have been feeling tired and lethargic all week and i also seem to have alot of tension in the back of my neck

I'm sorry to hear about this morning's events. Can you provide some additional information?

1. Your age and gender?

2. Do you suffer from any medical conditions?

3. Are you taking any medications? Allergies to medications?

4. Has this ever happened before?

5. How long did it last?

6. Did you experience a headache during or after the episode?

7. Is the lethargy a new symptom felt only during the past week?

These answers will help me address your case...

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

dear sir

i am female 42 yearsold, no medical conditions, no medication, never happened before, it lasted about 5 minutes, i had a lot of tension in the back of my neck afterwards and the lethargy has only been this last week.

Hi bbs,

It is difficult to tell exactly what was the cause of this morning's symptoms. Blurry vision with neck tension and lethargy can be a sign of increased intracranial pressure. This is caused by the fluid that surrounds the brain. Of course, this is the worse case scenario and it could very well be something more benign.

Increased intracranial pressure can happen secondary to numerous conditions and a complete exam by either an ophthalmologist and neurologist should be sought as soon as possible.

I hope you feel better soon and please let me know if I can assist in any other way...

God Bless,