Dr. Chan
Dr. Chan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Board Certified in ophthalmology
17282639

a couple of hours ago my eye was itching and then the eyelid

a couple of hours ago my eye was itching and then the eyelid swelled up and i got a runny nose. now both eyes are swollen and i still have a stuffy nose. i found a eyelash under my eyelid after it was already swollen and i removed it but shortly after the other eye began to swell. i took Motrin IB and put ice on it. is there anything else i can do to make this go away before i need to see a doctor and was the eyelash the cause of this problem? Thanx
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Chan replied 8 years ago.

HelloCustomer

It sounds like you have an allergic reaction. Continue with the cool compresses over the lids. You can also take some Benadryl to help. If you start having difficulty breathing, you need to go to the hospital.

Hope this helps and thank you.