Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Board Certified Ophthalmologist

what causes double vision, what you see top in repeated beneath

what causes double vision, what you see top in repeated beneath it, or vice versa? Happens all of sudden and last for just seconds.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stevens replied 7 years ago.

Hello there

what is your age? does this happen with or without glasses? What do you do to fix the double vision? How long has this been going on? Have you had any head trauma ?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

68yrs old, had glasses on. Just closed my eyes and put my head back and prayed, was very frightening! Only lasted seconds, i was riding what if I had been driving??

Have condiver bones in my neck because of an auto accident in 2000. No recent head trauma.

Under weekly care of a chiropractor but was on vacation when this happen.

SOmething simplier happened 2005 then it was shifty vision and blurr this was clear but doubled. Felt something happen in area of right temple and eye. Then double vision!

My eyes are very sensitive to bright lights on a bright sunny day or florescent lights, but only sometimes not every day. Itch and watery at those times.

Hello there

My best guess is that this occurred when the muscles of the eye were fatigued and they were unable to maintain proper alignment momentarily. Most likely this is not worrisome, however all double vision must be evaluated by an ophthalmologist to make certain there is no underlying pathology. Your ophthalmologist may consider ordering blood work and rarely an MRI is needed. At the same time, your eyes can be examined for underlying causes of light sensitivity and itching, Regards XXXXX XXXXX