Dr. Chan
Dr. Chan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Board Certified in ophthalmology
17282639

another mri..8 months ago because one pupil is larger..opthamologist

this is a follow up question from your answer,how often is it neccesary to follow up with another mri. i had an mri 8 months ago because one pupil is larger at diff times and different degrees than the other, the results were ok. i followed up with my opthamologist in april. your expert said a follow up with my nuerologist is not neccesary because i saw my opthamologist. I was curious how often a follow up mri is neccesary?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Chan replied 7 years ago.

HelloCustomer

Do you recall the name of the Expert who helped you last time? If so, I can send this question to him. Or I can answer it for you if you would like.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
his name may have been brad but you can answer it for me i believe he is off line

Expert:  Dr. Chan replied 7 years ago.

I am assuming that you are talking about your anisocoria (pupils of different sizes). Once you have had a good neurologic workup (including MRI), there is probably no need to keep chasing it. I don't think you really need routine follow-up MRIs unless there is a change that is noted. Or unless you develop some other neurologic symptoms. Most anisocoria are benign.

Hope this helps and thank you.