Dr. Chan
Dr. Chan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Board Certified in ophthalmology

my left eye..tumors on small bones on the left side of my body

3 times I have had my contacts in, I have been watching TV or on the computer, and my left eye dilates, then I feel dizzy for about 5 seconds, I can't see out of my left eye, and then I come to, but my eye remains dilated for 1-3hrs. I am not drinking or on drugs when this happens. I have a history of tumors on small bones on the left side of my body. I wear contacts or glasses.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Chan replied 7 years ago.

Does your eye hurt? What is your age? Do you have any other medical conditions?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No, my eye doesn't hurt. I am 23. I have had small benign tumor-like cysts on my small bones of my left side of my body. I don't notice what's happening until my friend points out that my eye looks funny, then I start to get dizzy.
Expert:  Dr. Chan replied 7 years ago.

The most common cause of one eye dilating more than the other is contact with chemicals. There could be some irritation from your contact lens or solution. Severe sinusitis can also cause this problem.

There is also an inflammatory condition called Adie's pupil that occurs in young women. We don't necessarily know the cause, but the problem is benign.

Either way, you need to have your eyes examined and you possibly may need a scan of your eye socket and head.

Hope this helps and good luck.