Dr. Chan
Dr. Chan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Board Certified in ophthalmology

Hi, I have little red veins in my eyes and they been there

Hi, I have little red veins in my eyes and they been there for a long time (coming from the corner). I smocked pot for a long time and used visine to clear my eyes to appear normally. I don't smock any more but vains still red and they never go away. Please let me know if is there any cure for it? Thank you, Tim.

Dilated veins are there to stay, short of surgery. Sometimes, dilated veins can be a sign of inflammation or allergies. These can be treated. But sometimes, you may just have large dilated veins; and they are permanent. Visine only temporarily constrict them so that the eye appears more white.

If you have a clump of dilated veins, they may be a hemangioma and can be surgically removed.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for the answer. Is this condition dangerous if left intreated? I had a lot of blood tests recently and they all normal. Do I need to worry about these vains?

They are not dangerous to the health of your eyes, only to the vanity of your appearance.