Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Board Certified Ophthalmologist

my phone) when I look up at a distance the center of my vision is fuzy

I have a question....after I focus on somthing up close for a while (like IM'ing on my phone) when I look up at a distance the center of my vision is fuzy and then it clears up within about 5 minutes. Any idea if this is related to my astigmatism?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stevens replied 7 years ago.

Hello there

what is your age? do you wear glasses or contacts?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am 36 years old and I do wear glasses....I first noticed it about 4 years ago. It only happens when I look at something very intensely and when it is up close. Then I see a area in my central vision that is blurry for about 5 minutes and it goes away. It is just wierd b/c the blurry area is a perfect circle.

my initial thought was that perhaps your upclose accomodation was not allowing the eyes to relax and thus experience some midl blurring, but the way you describe it makes me think there may be something subtle in your retina that becomes more apparent when you focus up close. My suggestion is to have a dilated eye exam just to be sure all is normal, Regards XXXXX