Dr. Chan
Dr. Chan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Board Certified in ophthalmology
17282639

i still have halos and dry eyes since march 12th when i had

i still have halo's and dry eyes since march 12th when i had my lasik. should i be concerned. lately (over the last 2 weeks) i've been using "gen teal" artificial eye drops. is this ok to use ?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Chan replied 7 years ago.

HelloCustomer

It is not unusual for haloes and glare to last up to 6 months after surgery. There is a small percentage of people in whom it remains permanent. Likewise, dry eyes can last 6 months or longer after LASIK. Genteal is a good brand of lubricant to use.

There are many possible causes of haloes. Dry eyes can cause haloes. Haloes can be caused by a large pupil that dilates at night bigger than the treatment zone on the cornea (sometimes, a weak drop to constrict the pupil helps with the haloes). Haloes can also be caused by abberations in your cornea (called higher order aberrations). I have used yellow hunting glasses for patients at night to help with this. But 3 months is way to early to tell.

Hope this helps.