Dr. JLB
Dr. JLB, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  General Ophthalmologist, Fellowship trained in Refractive Surgery
18439675

I HAVE SEVERAL LITTLE BUBBLES THAT HAVE APPEARED ON MY EYE

I HAVE SEVERAL LITTLE BUBBLES THAT HAVE APPEARED ON MY EYE ONE ON THE WHITE PART AND TWO AROUND THE EDGE OF THE COLOR PART. WHAT SHOULD I DO. I HAVE NO OTHER SYMPTHONS
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. JLB replied 7 years ago.
HiCustomer

What you describe are called conjunctival cysts. They occur because of an accumulation of tears under the conjunctiva (the outer layer of the eye). They may become large enough that, cosmetically, they can bother the patient. Infrequently, they can also give a foreign body sensation in the eye. In these cases, they can be easily drained for instant resolution. If you are not bothered by their cosmetic appearance or are not feeling any discomfort, then there is no treatment necessary.

I would still encourage you to have an eye exam as this will give you some peace of mind.

I hope this is helpful...

Sincerely,

Dr. JLB