Dr. Chan
Dr. Chan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Board Certified in ophthalmology
17282639

This morning my 2 year old daughter woke up with a puffy eye

This morning my 2 year old daughter woke up with a puffy eye and yellow mucus in her eye, she seemed to get better but after a nap her eye was stuck togther. I gave her a drop of tears, and it flushed open, but is very puffy and red liquid flushed out, and I see some yellow mucus in the other eye.

HelloCustomer

It sounds like she has a bacterial infection. It could be spread from a sinus infection. Either way, she needs an antibiotic. Until you can get to a doctor, you can try using some warm compresses and see if that helps with the swelling.

Hope this helps.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Do I need to take her this evening, or is it ok to wait until morning?

It depends on what time it is. You can wait a few hours. But if its 8 hours or more before the offices open, then you should take her to the hospital (especially if it is getting worse). Infections in children can be very unpredictable.

Good luck.