Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Board Certified Ophthalmologist

Hello im 21 years old i noticed today looking in the mirrior

Hello im 21 years old i noticed today looking in the mirrior that my eyes are a yellow tint and that the viens in my eyes are showing badly that that i have red blotches on the lower part of my eyes closes to my eye lid. If its any help last weekend I got extreamly drunk for my 21st b day to the point of vomiting for hours and having discoloration in my face most of my co workers believed that was alchahol poisoning. please help im realy worried if its liver problems.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stevens replied 7 years ago.

Hello there

you are describing something we call scleral icterus and can be seen in cases of elevated bilirubin which can occur in liver damage from alcohol. While most alcohol related liver damage heals, you need to get your liver enzymes tested to be sure there is no signs of chronic liver damage. Regards XXXXX XXXXX