Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Board Certified Ophthalmologist

I am experiencing cloudiness in one eye. I had it checked

I am experiencing cloudiness in one eye. I had it checked out a few months ago and the doctor said it was the result of an injury some time ago. I am not convinced? Is this common? I have only had this experience for about a year or so.
When was the injury? what exactly were you told was causing the blurring?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I dont recall any injury per se. The doctor said it could have happened anytime in my life. I was told something like the contour of the eye was affected physically and that is what is causing the cloudiness.
So it sounds like you may have some retinal issue as in epiretinal membrane. This is the only thing I can think of when there is no definite history of trauma. And yes, this is a common thing we see that causes vision loss. Even that can be fixed with a retinal suregry called vitrectomy. If you think the vision is getting worse, you should see a retina specialist for evaluation, consideration of surgery, Regards XXXXX