Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Board Certified Ophthalmologist
8112280

my contact got lost in my eye. can a dr. get it out

my contact got lost in my eye. can a dr. get it out?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stevens replied 7 years ago.

Hello there

is it hurting at all? do you feel that it is rubbing under your lid? when do you think it was lost in there?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
its uncomfortable. i rubbed it and now its lost.i've been putting solution in trying to see if that would work, but nothing.it happened an hr. ago. And if it doesnt come out by itself,i was wondering if i went to an eye dr.,would they be able to do something?

Hello there

of course, an eye doctor could easily find it for you, in fact it has very limited area for it to travel to. It is either under the upper lid or the lower lid. You can easily pull down the lower lid skin and flush it with eye rinse. The upper lid would be everted by the eye doc. My experience with lost contacts is that most of the time, they have fallen out. You can see how the eye feels in the morning. But to answer the main question you had, yes we can easily find the contact lens. Regards XXXXX