Dr. Chan
Dr. Chan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Board Certified in ophthalmology

no breathing problems, but swelling in the hands and bloating

I am having no breathing problems, but swelling in the hands and bloating. I have a Rx for Desonide 0.05%. Will this help with the swelling of the eyelids?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Chan replied 7 years ago.

I would be very careful when applying it. Only use it if you do not have diabetes. Do not get it in your eyes. Do this in conjunction with the cool compresses. The cool compresses alone work for me when I get such allergy flareups. Either way, it should be better by tomorrow.

What do you have the desonide for?

Hope this helps.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Used for redness and itching of the eyes during allergy season. Not sure if it was ok to use for swelling.
Expert:  Dr. Chan replied 7 years ago.

It is low potency, but would help some along with the compresses. If you have the ophthalmic formulation, then you don't have to worry about getting in eyes (but you really only need it for the lids).