Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Board Certified Ophthalmologist

why are my eyes itchy,watery and sore

why are my eyes itchy,watery and sore??
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stevens replied 7 years ago.
How long has this been an issue? what have you tried? do you have sneezing or runny nose? seasonal allergies?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
about 2 weeks and no i havent been sneezeing or haveing a runny nose. no seasonal allergies.
Do you wear contact lenses? What is your age? do the eyes appear red and irritated? is the vision OK?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
no i dont wear am 22. no they r not red and irritated. they are icthy in the inner part of my eyes,also the tear ducts feel slightly swollen. my vision is a bit blurred because of the constant running of tears. i wear glasses for stigmatism.

Hello there

you have classic symptoms of allergic conjunctivitis (ocular allergy). You can take the following steps for relief:

Cool compresses and artificial tears such as Refresh Optive several times a day for immediate symptomatic relief

Zaditor OTC drops to reduce the underlying process (this helps calm the surface of the eye and starts to work after several days)

A dose of benadryl typically helps in terms of severe itching, though it can cause drowsiness so beware

In a few days, it will be much better, Regards