Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Board Certified Ophthalmologist

pain after ruptured blood vessel

about a month ago I woke up with a ruptured blood vessel in my eye. It is now okay except for a thin very small blood vessel not noticeable till you get up close in the mirror. Im having some twinges of pain in my eye every now and that normal? I went to the eye doctor after it happened and he put drops in my eye, but not the kind that dilated it, as I made a point of asking,and I then looked through the machine where you put your chin in it and he looked in my eye. Just wondering if this is par for the vision is fine, but I am on a computer all day long at work.
Thanks Tina
It sounds like you had a subconjunctival hemorrhage and it has resolved now. It is not uncommon for people to feel some pressure or foreign body sensation when this occurs. The fact that you still feel something on occasion typically means you are paying more attention to the eye now more than before and it may have some dryness that you are more in tune with. Use some lubricant eye drops such as Refresh Optive to control the symptoms, it will return to normal soon, Regards