Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Board Certified Ophthalmologist

eye..eyelash)..she found irritated cells and suggested eye drops

I'm wondering if the eye problem I'm having is potentially a more serious issue? It's felt like I've had something (like an eyelash) in it for a month now. I visited my opthamologist two weeks ago and she found "irritated cells" and suggested eye drops. I'm particularly concerned because this is my "good eye" -- the other suffered a traumatic impact a few years ago.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stevens replied 7 years ago.
What exactly are you experiencing? how is the vision? have drops helped?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thanks for responding. It just feels like there is something in my eye -- an eyelash is the closest description. It's an annoyance rather than something painful like a corneal abraision.

The vision hasn't changed. I haven't been wearing my contact lenses in an effort to help it heal.

The eye drops help a little if it is dry. But it's still a constant annoyance.

Hello there

the symptoms you describe are typical of dry eye syndrome which you are especially likely to get with contact lenses. It is hard to think of something that can impair your good eye and not have more symptoms such as pain, lightsensitivity and redness. I would recommend something called Refresh Celluvisc, it is over the counter and is particularly good for frequent use as it has no preservative in it to irritate the eye with chronic use. It is even OK to use this with contacts in, Regards XXXXX XXXXX