Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Board Certified Ophthalmologist

what is the excess clear tissue on white of my eye; related

what is the excess clear tissue on white of my eye; related to cholesterol? treatment?
What is your age? Where exactly is this tissue? Is it always there?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am 60 years old; I've had this about 10-15 years; its a little fold of clear tissue when I move my eye to the left, just below the iris (its on my left eye).

Hello there

you are seeing some redundancy on the conjunctiva which is a layer on the white of the eye. It seems you have a bit excess, typically, this is not something that us ophthalmologist remove but if it is causing excess tearing or discomfort, excision can be considered, I suggest you get in with an ophthalmologist for an evaluation, Regards XXXXX XXXXX

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Is this related to cholesterol (too much)?
No, this is not related to excess choesterol, something called arcus senilis can be related to excess cholesterol in younger folks, but this is not related. Regards