Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Board Certified Ophthalmologist

can ocular toxoplasmosis ne qccured

Customer Question

can ocular toxoplasmosis ne qccured
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stevens replied 7 years ago.
Your question seems to not come across correctly, can you repost it? you can provide some more information also?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Dear Dr Steven

I'am from Maldives,Doctors say that i;am having Ocular Toxoplasmosis in my eyes and its cant be treated also its active now, I'am going throught treatment now but i would like to know if there is anything that can treat this infection like eye transplantation or something. Becouse doctors say that when ever this gets ective i have to get treatmnet and make it sleep so its very expensive here i mean the medical treatment

Thats way i want know if there is anything that can treat this infection permanently. It would be very nice of you if I can get an answer quikly.

Thanking You

Best Regards

Hassan Azmee

(Republic of Maldives)

even in the United States of America, we feel that toxoplasmosis is a recurrent infection and typically remains dormant for a long time. Treatment is with antibiotics and sometimes steroids but it is not cure, it is to make it dormant (sleep) as you stated. There is no transplant or surgery to fix the condition, Regards, XXXXX XXXXX