Dr. PG
Dr. PG, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MBBS, MD (Ophthalomology)
9208484

I suffer from regular eye infections,usually between once or

Customer Question

I suffer from regular eye infections,usually between once or three times a year.Often these occur when I am run down,after a cold ,stressed,too much sun and more often in my left eye.It has never occurred to me to question this but I have an infection at the moment that is so severe my local pharmacist has told me to go to eye hospital if it doesnt clear in next few days.My eye is very swollen and almost closed,very itchy and I have bad headache.I have small yellow spots around the eye which happens often.I have had this for four days.Thanks.I dont know if this is relevant but when I am run down I can also get an outbreak of cold sores around my mouth,again also up to three times a year.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. PG replied 5 years ago.
   The symptoms that you are describing can be due to a severe eye allergy or an be due to recurrent inflammation of the eye (considering that you have recurrent mouth ulcer, fever etc whenever you have eye symptoms). If the cause is allergy, then you need a long term treatment of eye drops including preventive eye drops like patanol/zaditor (available OTC) for at least 6 months along with anti-allergy eye drops (to be prescribed to you after consulting an Ophthalmologist). If the cause is eye inflammation, then you would need complete evaluation and maybe some blood tests to know the cause of inflammation.
Regards
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have been to eye hospital and diagnosed with a viral infection,herpes and given zovirax to treat.So your response was not accurate and I dont accept.Thanks anyway.
Expert:  Dr. PG replied 5 years ago.
Dear XXXXXjones,
               Whether to accept an answer of not is your choice. This is an online expert service. We give opinions based on the history given by the customer, WITHOUT any first hand examination, any investigation etc of the patient. It is only possible to give the possibilities and not an accurate diagnosis without an examination. The Ophthalmologist could examine your eye on a slit lamp, get a first hand history etc. If you think that we can give the same service without the benefit of the patient in front of us, then that is not possible.
Also, when I mentioned the cause as inflammation of the eye, that covers herpetic eye disease as well, that is why I recommended an evaluation by an eye doctor.
Regards
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am astonished by your response,it cleary states that if I am happy with yor response I should accept it and pay.I am NOT HAPPY.I am also astonished to find that I have been debited £8 who has this money?I find this a very sharp practice indeed and Am taking this matter further.YOU DID NOT INFORM ME THAT I WOULD BE DEBITED WITH £8 REGARDLESS>If you believe that you did then please show me where!If I press accept will I be debited with a further £8?Your answer covers every possible reason for an eye infection,so it was not specific to my symptoms.The yellow spots around my eye(similar to coldsores)should have led you to believe that it was herpetic.You also refer to mouth ulcers-I never mentiones mouth ulcers!!!Give me my money back and stop e-mailing me.
Expert:  Dr. PG replied 5 years ago.
First of all, I have not debited any of your money to my account. The money goes to the website. Any queries kindly regarding payment write at XXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Secondly, I never pressed you to accept my answer. Just pointed out that there is a difference between examining a patient first hand and giving opinion online based on the information given by the patient. Throughout my conversation I have been very polite, while the same cannot be said about you. There is no need to be rude. As I said, write to the moderators of the website for any refund of your money.