Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Board Certified Ophthalmologist
8112280

vission blurry blood vissel burst in eye

vission blurry blood vissel burst in eye , how does vission get better will the blood go away
Where is the bleeding, in the eye or on the eye? when did the vision get blurry and how blurry is it? can you read?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
cannot read and the blood vessel is in the eye will the blood ever desolve so i can see
Are you diabetic ? Have you had the eye examined yet? When did this bleed occur?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
branch retinal vein occlusion    right eye

Hi Ralph

You had a BRVO. It akes several months for the blood to go away. Often there is associated retinal edema as well, that is swelling in the retina that causes your vision to be blurred. 2-3 months after initial diagnosis, an OCT which is a scan of your retina should be done looking for swelling, and if it is there, lasers or injections can be given to reduce this and improve vision, If this is something you have had for more than a year, more than likely it may not improve beyond what it already has, I hope this answers your inquiry, if not let me know, Dr. Stevens