Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Board Certified Ophthalmologist

Hi I have an ulcer type spot on the inside of the bottom of

Hi I have an ulcer type spot on the inside of the bottom of my left eyelid very painfull and I have swelling going down to the level of my nose below that eye and its all red

Hello there

is there a tender bump? is the vision ok? any drainage?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

small bump now appeared in the last couple of hours no drainage vision okish

Hello again

you have an infection in an oil gland of the lid. We ophthalmologists call this a hordeolum. This will probably go away if you are vigilant with heat packs. Get a heat pack, not a wash cloth since those cool down fast and apply it to the lid at least 4 times a day for 5 minutes at a time, and it will go down or open up and drain. It may take 1-2 weeks for it to go away fully. What concerns me is the swelling down the face. If it is any worse tomorrow, you need to get seen so you can get oral antibiotics as this may be developing into a skin infection called preseptal cellulitis, Regards