Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Board Certified Ophthalmologist
8112280

a contact lens is stuck in my eye. it is in the right corner

Customer Question

a contact lens is stuck in my eye. it is in the right corner area of my left eye and is stuck on the surface. I have been trying wetting it with saline or lens cleaner and it hasn't helped. What can I do?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stevens replied 8 years ago.

Hello there

the easiest way to get a contact out is to rub it out. First place some saline on the eye, then close the eye and rub the upper lid with some moderate pressure....the lens will move for sure. Then you can open the eye and try to grab it out at that time. Let me know if it works....Dr. stevens

Did you get the contact out using what I recommended ?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Your reply was too late to be useful. I went to a clinic and they took care of it.
Your answer was given in 13 minutes. Wow, 13 minutes is a long time for an ophthalmologist to type you an appropriate response back....anyhow, I am glad you got taken care of. Regards XXXXX