Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Board Certified Ophthalmologist
8112280

I believe i have a sort of infection in my eye, Its been three

Customer Question

I believe i have a sort of infection in my eye, Its been three days now and is getting worse. Its swollen, It doesn't stop watering, and alot of discharge. What do i have? What can i do? When i go to sleep my eyes stick together, it burns. I've been putting an eye relief drops, But not getting better.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stevens replied 7 years ago.

Hello there

from what you describe, you have a bacterial infection of the eye, called bacterial conjunctivitis. While you can do heat packs and eye irrigation, you really need to go see your doc (any doc) to get a prescription for some eye drops. More common ones for something like this is ofloxacin eye drops. That one works well and comes in a generic. Let me know if you need any more info, Regards XXXXX XXXXX