Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Board Certified Ophthalmologist

Since having kemo treatments for cancer last year I have developed

Since having kemo treatments for cancer last year I have developed a dark teal blue rim around the outer edge of iris. It doesn't seem to have any ill effects in any way. I've asked my primary care and cancer physician but somehow never get an answer as to whether I should be concerned about it or not. Thank you for your help.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stevens replied 7 years ago.
where exactly is this, is it on the white of the eye (sclera) or the clear portion in front of the iris (cornea) ? is it both eyes? what is your age and gender?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
My eye color is hazel. The hazel part of eye is now smaller because a rim of the dark teal has replaced a part of the eye that was hazel. Hope this helps.
age and gender please? african american by chance? one eye or both?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Age 77, Female, White, Coth Eyes.

Hello there

what you have is called arcus senilis. It is basically degenerative changes in the cornea and is very very common and never leads to any issues. This should not cause you any concern as it never causes any changes in vision, here is a picture for you to see, to make sure this is what you have, probably looks like your eye, Have a good evening Dr. Stevens