Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Board Certified Ophthalmologist

Just back from fishing trip in Miss

Dear Dr. I am a 69 yoa white male. Just back from fishing trip in Miss. Eyes started to itch and drain and continue to do so leaving crusty substance. I have used some artifical tears that seemed to help but now back to the same. Have not had this problem before but recently been where there is heavy Pine pollen both in Miss. and here at my home in Tallahassee. Also have some inflamation in throat and some nasal discharge. Have some flu like symptoms and ears seemed plugged up. Respectfully XXXXX XXXXX Hoffman, theCustomer

Hello there

you have classic symptoms of allergic conjunctivitis. You can try the following:

Zaditor OTC drops for allergy relief (this stops the inflammatory cascade)

Cool compresses and artificial tears like you have several times a day for symptomatic relief

A dose of benadryl typically helps as well, though it can cause drowsiness so beware

In a couple of days, it will be much better, Regards