Dr. PG
Dr. PG, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MBBS, MD (Ophthalomology)
9208484

I have been diagnosed with headache free migraine after increasing

I have been diagnosed with headache free migraine after increasing unstability over the last few months . Have done lots of tests and this is the only thing left, since this has got worse I have a strange sensation in my right eye like it is not opening properly , but looking in the mirrir, it is, and a feeling of wierdness above my eye . Could this be this connected ? Thank you . S
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. PG replied 7 years ago.
The persistent headache can be due to an eye problem like decrease in vision, increased pressure in the eye (glaucoma), inflammation in the eye (uveitis), eye allergy or eye dryness. I would advise you to get an eye examination done to rule out any problem in the eye which is causing the headaches.
Regards
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hi, thank you, XXXXX XXXXX do not have a headache ! just a weird sensation that my eye needs me to open it up above my eye lid , I keep pulling it up, and that makes me aware of a strange sensation all the time around my eye.My vision is ok, eye test said i had dry eyes but drops have not helped.
I just wondererd if it could be linked to this head ache free migraine that I have.I feel like the eye is droppy but it is not.
Thanks
S
Expert:  Dr. PG replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for the information.
I would need to clear some more points.
- Do you have ocular migraine? In this there is no headache, but there are ocular symptoms like colored halos, decrease in vision etc.
- kindly specify your age and gender.
- are you on any medicines?
- what eye drops are you using?
Regards
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am female age 45.No ocular symptoms, but unstability,wobbly legs,over the last few months almost all the time, used to be only after long car trips and flights.they have discounted everything else to do with re balance as all tests are clear,Take the contraceptive pill, for pre menstrual hormone problems,using bausch and lamb dry eye drops at the moment but have tried many.Eye better when outside not indoors.Not constant, comes and goes.thank you !
Expert:  Dr. PG replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for the information.
If you do not have any eye symptoms, then you do not have ocular migraine (i.e. eye migraine without headache). What you might be having is called meibomian gland disease (MGD). In this the tear film in the eyes is unstable. Along with tear drops you would need treatment for MGD. In MGD there is blockage of gland on the eyelid margins which are responsible for secreting the outer lipid layer of the tear film. Though the tear production is normal, the tears do not stay in the eyes, thus causing dryness of eye surface. I would advise you to consult an Ophthalmologist, preferably a cornea specialist for a detailed evaluation and treatment.
Regards