Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Board Certified Ophthalmologist

I woke up with numerous floaters in my eyes yesterday morning.

I woke up with numerous "floaters" in my eyes yesterday morning. They are so numereous that my vision is slightly obscured. I do not seem to have any other symptoms.

Hi Austin

what is your age? are you diabetic and if so for how long? are you near sighted?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I am 63 years old. I am not diabetic, though the results of my last blood test showed elevated sugar. I am not a sedate person. I walk and workout daily. I used to smoke but quit almost 12 years ago. I drink but in moderation---several beers on weekends.

I first started wearing glasses when I was 42. They were reading glasses. Only in the past 5 years have I needed glasses for distance.

The spots in front of my eyes appeared to be like a swarm of mosquitoes or a reverse of looking at the stars on a clear night. I"m also seeing a snakelike floater in my right eye.

Hi Austin

the numerous floaters are worrisome, as they are most often due to bleeding in the eye. This is something you need to have checked out today before the weekend as it can be the first signs of a torn retina / detaching retina. Get in with an eye doc today. Regards XXXXX