Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Board Certified Ophthalmologist

Why do my eyes feel dry and burning and my vision is slightly

Why do my eyes feel dry and burning and my vision is slightly blurred? I'm post menopausal 59 year old woman. Have never had this experience before.
Do your eyes run? do you have mucousy discharge? have you tried anything?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No runniness, no mucous, they just feel irritated like I've been out in the wind. I use Thera Tears eyedrops every morning and every evening after removing my make up and washing my face. I am wondering if my cpap breathing machine could have something to do with it?? Athough I've been using it for almost a year and this is the first occurance so that doesn't make sense.

Hello there

your symptoms are classical for Dry Eye Syndrome where due to hormonal changes and aging, you are making fewer tears than you should be. Your CPAP absolutely can be making things worse. My suggestion is to change to a more viscous and natural artificial tear such as Refresh Celluvisc and use it 4 times a day. If this does not releive your symptoms, you can see an ophthalmologist and he can prescribe you Restasis which can help you make more tears. He would of course test your tear production first if there was a doubt you have dry eyes. I wish you well Dr. Stevens

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thank you very much Dr. Stevens. I will purchase the product you suggested today and hope it does the trick. Your quick and personal response is so appreciated!

Best regards XXXXX XXXXX Sharon

You are welcome. Regards