Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

I woke up one morning with a lump (tender to touch) on the

Customer Question

I woke up one morning with a lump (tender to touch) on the left back of my head. Two days later my right eye was all swollen and puffy and sore. I am 56 years old.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 7 years ago.
You should have this checked up.

It appears that you are having an infection. You may be having an infection of the sinuses which can cause puffiness of the eyes, or some infection on the face or eyelid

You should have this checked up ASAP, you will need antibiotics for this to clear it up.

I hope my answer has helped you. Please click on the green 'accept' button below for accepting this answer. Feedback/Bonus will be appreciated.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Would this cause the lump in the back of my head that the pain and swelling is

spreading from? The eye is fine the head lump feels like the pain is spreading down

the back of my neck to to my ear. The back of my head is painful to the touch and

so is the back of my neck. The bactrim does not seem to make it any better, could it be

making it worse? I feel feverish and the side of my head neck and jaw is very painful.

The bactrim should not make it worse, although it might not cure it if the infection is resistant.

You should approach your doctor again and discuss your symptoms. You are having an infection and it is possible that the infection is resistant to bactrim. In this case, you will need higher antibiotics. You should approach your doctor and discuss about higher antibiotics.