Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Board Certified Ophthalmologist
8112280

i have iritis in my right eye should i have additional test

Customer Question

i have iritis in my right eye should i have additional test done to find the cause
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stevens replied 7 years ago.

Hello there

is this something you have experienced before? what is your age? what medical problems if any do you have? how often were you asked to use the steroid eye drop?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i had it i month ago im 42 and have no medical problems that i know of and i use the drops 4 times a day for 6 days

Hello there

for folks who present with their first episode and if they are mild (judged by your use of the drops for a relatively short amount of time) I would not order testing to determine the cause as at least 60% of the time, we dont find a cause. Repeat occurences would require a workup for underlying causes such as rheumatoid arthritis, reiter's syndrome, etc. I wish you well, Dr. Stevens