Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Board Certified Ophthalmologist

the white of my right eye is 2/3rds dark blood red last time

the white of my right eye is 2/3rds dark blood red last time it happened 3 weeks ago it gradually went using Murine drops, it is warm but not irritating and does not effect sight.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stevens replied 7 years ago.

This is what we call a subconjunctival hemorrhage. While it can be pretty scary looking, it isn't a serious problem. It happens when a blood vessel in the conjunctiva (the white part of the eye) breaks and releases blood. This often tends to occur after frequent sneezing, coughing, after rubbing the eye or for no apparent reason. It tends to happen more frequently in people who have high blood pressure or you use blood thinning medicines, such as asprin, motrin, plavix, vitamin e, coumadin, among others. The blood will be reabsorbed into the body within a week or so. There is nothing you can do to make it go away sooner. Usually, there is a sensation of the eye feeling slightly full, or a mild pressure sensation and using artificial tears can help with this symptom. If you don't have any of the mentioned causes, and this happens more than several times, you should see your doctor to make sure there is no underlying ocular problem and to be sure you don't have high blood pressure or bleeding disorder.

I hope you find this helpful, Dr. Stevens

This link has a pic of a very small hemorrhage