Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Board Certified Ophthalmologist
8112280

focusing on, I can see around it but it blocks the center of my vision

I developed a dark band that blocks what I am focusing on, I can see around it but it blocks the center of my vision. Just started about 1 and a 1/2 ago, after a nap.

Hello there

what is your age? are you diabetic?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I'm 62, not diabetic that I know of

Hello there

this is almost certainly a symptom associated with bleeding in your retina, most likely caused by Macular degeneration or a blocked blood vessel. You need to be evaluated tomorrow as early detection can help treat certain types of issues. Please do not hesitate for follow up , Regards XXXXX

Please do come back and post the findings....I wish you well, please do not press accept, you wont be charged again
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Sir, I went for tests and they found plaque in the back of my eye. I have to go back for blood work, a EKG, and X-RAYS and a test for the arteries in my neck. A bigger can of worms that I didn't expect. It sounded like I could have had a stroke if the plaque went to my brain. Thanks for your concern. [email protected]
So it seems you had one of the two possibilities I mentioned.....I am glad you are getting it checked out, they will do a carotid ultrasound to make sure there is no significant blockage, from my experience, 95+% of the time, there is no blockage and this just happened, you should probably be on a baby asprin daily. Regards
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Sir, Your message said I would not be charged again, I thought you wanted information for the next time someone had a similar problem.
that is correct, you have been charged only once, you do not pay again, just be sure to not press accept