Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Board Certified Ophthalmologist
8112280

Kayser-Fleischer rings

Kayser-Fleischer rings?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stevens replied 7 years ago.
Did you have a particular question about these? were you told you have them without a significance?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
sorry, i forgot to add a link to a photo of my left eye. my question is does this appear to be Kayser-Flescher rings? http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3351/3421257699_d0d38e3c9f_o.jpg
I dont think this is a KF ring as it appears to be deep in the iris rather than on the surface of the cornea? is the discoloration deep in the eye or on the surface, it is real hard to tell. If it is all inside on the colored portion of the eye, it is all considered normal pigmentary variation.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
inside the colored portion, but it is only visible when a flash is used on the camera, not in normal lighting.
If it is on the colored portion, that is the iris, by definition it is not KF ring. Regards