Dr Singh
Dr Singh, Medical doctor
Experience:  Medical doctor with years of experience in inpatient and primary care.
10798432

About five yrs ago I fell about three feet and landed on my

About five yrs ago I fell about three feet and landed on my left front side of my face on the cheekbone and eye. No immediate problems but this last year my eye , and cheekbone have been bothering me. It looks like my cheek is alittle swollen. Occasionlly if I read alot with my glasses, my eye will ache. If I cut me eyes to the left or right sharply I will get a strong pain like a pull in the eye. Inside the bottom of my lip I feel like I have a little swelling. What I want to know is , could there be muscle damage or tissue damage , or blood vessel damage. My eye has at times been bloodshot. What would the symptoms od a blood clot be. Thank you, Julee
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr Singh replied 8 years ago.
Hi there,
Considering your symptoms, the most likely cause would be muscle function impairment. This can occur due muscle entrapment between the bones, nerve compression, torn muscle, scar tissue etc. I would suggest visiting an ophthalmologist to get your vision checked and to evaluate the symptoms.

A blood clot of any obstruction of blood supply would cause sudden painless loss of vision in one eye. The vision loss may be partial or complete.
Regards.