Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Board Certified Ophthalmologist
8112280

I have conjunctive cysts on my eye, just below my iris. The

I have conjunctive cysts on my eye, just below my iris. The last time I had them they did not cause any problems, just looked bad. This time they are very irritating, and sometimes cause my vision to blur due to the amount of tears. The last time I had these cysts they lasted several months. Is there a way to heal them faster, or should I just keep using eye drops to lubricate my eye and eyelid to lessen the irritation. The irritation is to the point that a times I just close the eye with the cysts and try to read with only one eye. Thank you.

Hello there

using the lubricants will help but with someone like you, I would actually consider surgical excision of the cysts. So if they are real bothersome, I would go see the ophthalmologist and let him know, he may consider removing them for you. It is a fairly straighforward in office (minor surgery room) procedure. Regards, XXXXX XXXXX