Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Board Certified Ophthalmologist

I have been told that I have Low Tension Glaucoma. I am concerned

I have been told that I have Low Tension Glaucoma. I am concerned about the medication to take for the condition. I am concerned because I take Xanax for a sleep aid and Azor for high blood pressure.    I also take Flormax for BHP. The Doctor has recommended I take either Travatan Z or Alphagan P. I would prefer to take Travatan Z because it only needs to be taken once per day. What would you recommend?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stevens replied 7 years ago.
I would recommend Travatan hands down, it is a more effective but possibly more costly medication. Also, it does cause more redness on the surface of the eye but that usually gets better with time. I would use Travatan Z if it were my eyes, Regards XXXXX